How to Make an App like Practo or Book My Doc?
With the busy lifestyle that people nowadays have and the ever-increasing dependence of everyone on home delivery and getting stuff ordered at the convenience of their doorstep, an appointment booking app like Practo is an idea that is here to stay.
While people these days are becoming more and more health conscious and aware of the importance of a healthy and monitored lifestyle, on the other they don’t have the time to stand in long, never-ending queues to meet the doctor. In such a scenario an appointment booking app like Practo or Book my doc can act as a savior.
The requirement for an appointment booking app
Not only do these apps save you the energy that is wasted in standing in long queues outside the doctor’s office but also help you choose from a number of doctors available on the app. It not only helps to meet doctors without waiting for long periods of time but also helps you be aware of the specialists in your locality and their work timings. It also helps you converse with doctors and medical professionals through call or video call. And not only can they book appointments with doctors but can also book appointments for tests in laboratories.
Not only is it convenient for patients but it becomes easier for doctors to attend the patients and they can focus their energy and resources on treating patients rather than managing massive crowds outside their place of work.
After understanding the requirements of appointment booking apps let us now have a look at how can we build such a kind of an app and what all features are a must have for them.
Revenue is a major hurdle that needs to be overcome whenever starting anything new and doctor appointment app is no exception. There are various ways an app can earn revenue.
One of the main sources of revenue is through subscriptions that users can opt for, for gaining some premium benefits.
Fixing a particular price for a particular rank in search results can also help the app earn profits.
Consultation fee: There is a consultation fee that is charged in case of video or audio consultation. Costs can vary from app to app and doctor to doctor.
Features to be included:
Patient Mobile App
- Sign up/Sign in: Users can Sign Up/Sign In to the mobile app using their Email id/Phone number and password, or they can use their social media account for quick sign in.
- Select Location: Users can select a locality where they can look for doctors.
- Book Appointment: View list of all available specialization categories to select and book an appointment with the particular doctor or clinic.
- Chat/call with doctors: As an add-on feature users can pay and chat/call with the doctors registered in the application.
- Book a lab test: Get a list of various tests to be carried out for diagnostics and view the details of various labs providing the tests.
- Payment: Pay for various exclusive services available in the mobile app
- Blogs: Users can view blog
Doctor Mobile App
- Sign up/Sign in: Doctors can Sign Up/Sign In to the mobile app using their Email id/Phone number and password
- Profile Creation: Doctors can create their profile in the mobile app where they can select a city where they are operating, specialization and other educational detail.
- Appointment management: Manage appointment requests and appointment scheduling.
- Chat/Call: Respond to messages/calls from the users regarding their various problems, and they can revert using this tab option.
Super Admin Panel
- Dashboard: Get an overview regarding various details for users and doctors on the application platform
- Payments: Payment management for all the aspects or features in the platform
- Manage Users: Play an admin role for the users and manage them
- Blog Management: Add and manage various blogs related to health on the application platform
- Manage Doctors: Approve & Manage multiple aspects of a doctor’s profile and their clinic in the application platform and also rank them in order of their subscriptions.
With the above-mentioned features in place and a well-planned strategy in place, appointment booking apps or doctor apps are here to stay and thrive in the industry.